Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Syrup Sponge Pudding

Here we go again! Trying to make English food again! It is so interesting how they make stuff. Not like I am used to! :)
Today I made Syrup Sponge Pudding.



This is what it should look like...

Here are all the ingredients except the milk... I didn't see it on the ingredients list till later.

This is the pot I will be steaming the pudding in. The pan inside there is to keep the pudding from getting too deep in hot water.

Butter and sugar (not super fine like it calls for)

Creaming the butter

Eggs

Whipped eggs

Putting the syrup into the prepared pan

All creamed!

Eggs

Lemon

Flour

Folding it all together!

The forgotten milk

All mixed together

In the prepared pan!

All wrapped up!

Steaming!

Out of the steam pot...


Oh bother! It's not done! Back in you go!! :)

Finally it is done!
I doubled the batch so I should have known it would take longer. A no-brainner.

It was so yummy!! We had it with our fish and chips... which is another post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment