Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Before and After of the Barn

Today I cleaned out the barn from about 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (times are estimated)! It was hard work, but seeing it looking so much better was a reward in itself. Sam helped me with some of it. Thank you, Sam! Even though I clean up the main piles every other day or so, it still just gets yucky with hay and anything else that I don't get.

Before

After

Before


After
Water gets inside the barn and leaves wet patches. So, that part is clean, it just doesn't look like it. :)

Some of our naughty hens have been getting out and laying their eggs in Talitha's hay. Well, I came upon this sight this morning. Raccoons are what I think happened. We hadn't collected those eggs yet, so they must have found them and had a feast! :) Sam and I are thinking of putting a live trap in here so that we can catch them. Next thing we know it will be the chickens they feast on!

No comments:

Post a Comment