Wednesday, February 17, 2016

My milking machine in action...

Milking (it takes about six minutes)

All done!

Strain the milk

Now time for washing...

First just plain old water to rinse everything

Take off the blue clips (the hold the air and milk hose together)

Attach the vacuum hose to the pulsator.



After I've dumped the rinse water, run really hot soapy water though the machine.

An example of how I wipe everything down

I wipe the hoses, bucket, and lid with soap water (and bleach).

Dipping it up and down so that the water splashes around in the milk hose and the bucket.

I always dump the bleach water back into my little red tub and use it to bleach the milk filter, clothes pins, rag tub, and rags/sponge.

This is how I held up my phone to take the videos, I opened my leatherman, which is slightly spring loaded, and put my phone in-between the handles. Worked great!

Drying the bucket

Everything (from the bucket milker) but the bucket hangs form the ductwork by a bungee cord.

Bleaching the rag and sponge


Almost done!

6-N (February 6th, night time milking)

All done!
All of this takes me about a half hour. That's feeding her and cleaning her pen too.

This is the perfect way to pack the empty jars. Annetta (one of my friends) packed these. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great post on milking machine. For more information about the milking machines then you can watch the video. We share everything in this video that you wanted to know.

    ReplyDelete