Friday, March 18, 2016

Emmetsburg, IA

Some of us have been wanting to go to Emmetsburg, IA, which is an Irish town, for quite some time. Yesterday Gram, Mom, Emmie, and I finally went. It was an enjoyable day. We had fun. :)
Here is a little history on Emmetsburg (taken from Wikipedia),
"The town was originally settled by immigrants during the Irish potato famine between 1845 and 1852. Emmetsburg was named after the Dublin-born Irish nationalist Robert Emmet,[7][8] who was executed at 25 for leading an 1803 rebellion against the British. The city was incorporated on November 17, 1877.[9]"

Coffee and an Oreo cheese cake filled doughnut from Dunkin' Donuts

Emmie and I

Gram

Mom

Irish Gifts store



Hehe! :)

So true!

This reminded me of Josh, KK, Ben, and T.J.

We also stopped at a bake shop. They had yummy baked goods!

A&W for lunch! It's fun to go to a restaurant that makes you feel like you're stepping back in time. :)

Crispy Chicken sandwich and french fries. Root Beer is a must if you go to A&W. :)

Mom and Emmie

There was a beautiful lake right in the town.

A railroad crossed the lake here. It was really windy but BEAUTIFUL!

This is my dream house!

Another view

I'm doing some research on my Grandma Grice's Mother's side. This is my great, great Grandfather. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's neat! Both of my grandmas are Irish, so I am Irish, a little bit!!! My Aunt calls me her "Little Leper-con!!" :)

    You have to post more pictures of Alaina! She is S.O. adorable!!

    ReplyDelete