Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Milking Stanchion

My Dad and brothers Josh and Sam built me a stanchion!! Hurrah!!! They did a great job! She has been in it several times and is getting used to it.

Our family business trailer. :)

Josh making a stepping stool for Talitha.

Dad and Sam making a doorway for me.

Josh wanted to see if Sam and I could lift the stepping stool. We could. :)

The head gates are original to the barn. It is neat to be using a small piece of history!

Getting wood

All hands on deck!

Talitha did great! She was a little scared to come in at first, but after a little coaxing she walked in. The sweet feed really helped! :) This video is of her backing out.









She is such a sweet girl! I am starting a schedule with her... At 7 p.m. she has to get into the stanchion, then again at 7 a.m.. That way she will be ready for milking! I am afraid she will not let her milk down for me. But God will help me if that happens! It is a good time to learn how to trust Him more!

That board keeps her from backing out of my reach. :)

Side view!

This is a video of me trying to get her into the stanchion alone! :) He he! I did get her in after I turned the video off.

All right, I guess thats all for now! Blessings to each and everyone as you serve our King, Jesus!! He deserves it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment