Thursday, October 29, 2015

Come along with me to milk...

Follow along with Emmie and I as we milk and take care of the chicks.
It all starts at 6:00 a.m. for me, because I like to have a little devotional time. But we go out to milk at 7:00 a.m.

Talitha is usually waiting for us. :)

Little chicks are very hungry

So is Talitha

Ah! Yum, yum! Eat it up goofy girl!

With just Emmie and I out there, I didn't get any pictures of us milking. :( Maybe next time. :)

Emmie fed the chicks, so now there is joy all around

The yummy milk!

This is one thing I love about being up so early! I get to see the sunrise that God paints for us every day, whether we see it or not! Thank You, Father, for being so faithful!

The jars and filters (it gets filtered twice)

The non-filtered milk (don't look too close)

All empty!

Next we put lids on the jars, and then write the date plus morning or evening milking.

Look at the cream!

Yucky wash-rags, I need to wash. :)

Thanks for coming!

And now...
 
Silly cats. :)

Talitha has slimmed down a bit. :)



Eating away!

'Please get me more food!!' -Talitha

This stanchion works very nice! Thank you, Daddy and brothers!

Her poor tail keeps getting burs in it. She does not like to have them brushed out. But I do it anyway! :)

This is what Talitha eats...

10% Allstock Sweet Feed

Beet Pulp Pellets (for keeping her weight up), she only gets this sometimes. Plus she doesn't really like them. :)

Alfalfa Pellets, these get mixed into her feed every day to help replace the lack of alfalfa hay in her diet. Because alfalfa is hard to get ahold of.

Alfalfa Pellets

Beet Pulp Pellets

Alfalfa Pellets

Beet Pulp Pellets

Last, but not least, she gets a mineral block and a salt block (not pictured)

Little chickens



No comments:

Post a Comment