Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A Day at the Rock Cut

Saturday was a perfect day for a walk to the Rock cut! My cousins Ben, Brie, and Grace, Shawn a Church friend, Emmie, Josh, KK, and Sam plus me all went. It was a lot of fun! KK and Ben gave Emmie lessons on how to throw rocks (because Emmie and I both throw like girls. :( ). We all tried to throw rocks with our left hand (Ben with his right). It was so funny! The boys couldn't get the rocks very far at all and they went every which way! We skipped rocks, looked for fossils, took pictures, and just had a jolly good time!

The rock cut was VERY flooded because of all the rain.

The big sand bar is almost not there.


Here there is usually an area with big flat stones, but it is all covered with fast moving water.



Me

This tree root grew through the rocks, but then the rocks eroded and left this amazing picture of strength and endurance. A reminder from God to NEVER give up! Sometimes we have to go through a lot to get to the sweet waters of Salvation!

Brie and Sam :)

I challenged Josh to pick this rock up. :)

A bever dammed this little stream up and created a small pond.

A little brother, Sam (I love this guy so much!!)



Ben and KK being silly with some flowers they found.

This was the next day.
I just loved how the sunbeams were shining through the fog and leaves. It gave me great peace just looking at it. Jesus is so faithful! Oh to be a faithful servant to Him!

Talitha LOVES this little guy! The boys call him Bodie (bow-dee) but I call him Buddy, which is pretty close. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment