Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Carrots, beets, potatoes, and corn

Canning may not seem like very hard work, but it is! 
On this day I was canning beets and carrots.  As you can see in the background we had pizza, dessert pizza, and bread sticks from Pizza Ranch for supper. It was so good! It helped that I was really hungry!

Carrots and beets

Hurray! All done!

The Norland Red Potatoes were ready to be harvested... So KK, Sam, and I dug them up.

I'm trying to keep track of which variety did better. There were about 106# of potatoes from this variety.

KK helped me wash them



Aren't they pretty?

Yucky water!

We scrub, rinse,  dry, and bag them

After that process is done, we cut them up into cubes (and cut off bad spots)

We place them on a pan that has parchment paper on it and cook them at 400* for 24 minutes.

Waiting for the timer to go off



After they have cooked we put them in another pan to cool down for a bit before we put them in bags!



Just a little fun fact, our refrigerator broke down, so we had lots of coolers sitting around! :)

I also harvested some of our corn... Sam helped me shuck it.

A funny looking bug

This was strange! It was a corn cob with a mushroom growing out of the top!

I also harvested Daddy's favorite potatoes (Yukon Gold)

No comments:

Post a Comment