Friday, September 30, 2016

Clotted cream and hay

I decided to make some clotted cream...

This is the uncovered clotted cream (which I liked better)



Leftover whey

This is the covered clotted cream, which I thought didn't have as much flavor as the uncovered

Yummy goodness!



Only one cup of whey from 1 quart of cream

Trying it on a scone... It was very similar to browned butter

We got the last of our winter hay. This is a huge pile of alfalfa/grass mix hay.

Flakes of hay

It was so hot! KK and Sam were a BIG help!

All done! There were 5 800# bales of hay in here. We carried it all up into the loft!

Clean up

Lovely hay

We put some of it down here in the hallway so I could feed Buddy some.

I weened Buddy on Saturday (September 24th). He mooed for about two days, but now I think he's learning to accept life as it is.

A squirrel!

Because we weened Buddy, I had to start milking again.

Everything had to be cleaned up and organized

Looking better!

KK and Josh made the lower side board swing on a hinge so that I can get to Talitha's udder better. Thank you boys! <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment