Friday, July 23, 2021

Job 1:21

Yummy rolls!

Making my business logo

Just for fun

Got an amazing deal on some sawdust. :) Daddy paid for a bit of it (thank you, Daddy!!).

Coffee. I still can't drink from a straw, but I can sip it from the edge of the cup.

Soft cookies are the best when you have a missing tooth. :)



Cleaning the hen pen

Sleepy hen

Happy hens



Cleaning the little hen pen!



"And said, 'Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD.'" Job 1:21

So, I went into my little hen coop and saw carnage. I cannot explain how it feels. It is heartbreaking. It makes me angry. It is so so hard to deal with it. I felt numb.

I lost 25 the first night. 

Then another four the next day. 

My sweet old hen has survived around five attacks like this. She always roosts as high as she can, which I think is why she never gets killed.

I decided to put my phone on FaceTime to our big computer. I kept it on as much as possible. I slept on the floor downstairs with Riley with the volume all the way up just incase the critter came back. 

My sweet girl

Glue traps



Mini trap

Roosting high.
One day I was making breakfast and I heard the chickens start to freak out. So Ryan ran out there with the gun. He was able to shoot it in the backside. It didn't die, but it never came back. Now I have a security camera out there which I keep on all night. The roosters wake me up around 4am, but it's worth it to not loose more hens. I lost around $435 in chickens. Definitely a blow to the pocket book and the heart. :'( 

Cutie wearing Daddy's glasses



No comments:

Post a Comment