Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Watching the Littles

We watched Katelyn and Joseph for a weekend. They did very good!



Helping Grandma with a casserole :)

Well... maybe helping Grandma. :P









Ready for Church

Emmie said this is me! :)

See these tracks? They are Mink tracks!

And guess what the nasty mink did?

It killed 22 of my hens!! Hens that were going to start laying eggs within a couple of weeks! To say I was angry, sad, and frustrated would be true. I was just shocked. Horribly shocked.

Joseph and Dad watching tractors :)

The next morning KK and I went outside to feed the remaining animals. While out there KK saw this Mink eating a hen! So he ran and got a gun, resulting in a DEAD mink! I was so so happy we killed it! Now my chickens should be safe!

The murderer and his victims

I also bleached my barn in preparation for another milk cow!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, that's absolutely AWFUL! We had 15 hens, that gave us a ton of eggs, but are now down to 5 because of our dogs killing them. They're locked up now everyday. :(
    Joseph is so cute!
    I love love love your new blog design! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry! That's not good!
      Thank you! I love to change my blog around! :) Especially when I am waiting for spring! :) :)

      Delete