Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bakewell Tart and Scones

Some more English recipes! Enjoy!

Almonds, flour, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, milk, cherry jam, and almond flavoring...

I had only whole almonds so I ground them. They were quite coarse but worked. :)



This is what it should look like... we'll see...

Ground almonds

My Aunt told me that if you use a food processor on scones they puff nicely, so I thought, why not try it on this??

WOW! It is so much easier than trying to do it by hand or cutting the butter in.

I have never made such pretty pie dough in my life.

The pie dough went into the fridge for 30 minutes.

Eggs and sugar

Beat the eggs and sugar until the eggs turn a pale yellow.

Now mix in the butter, almonds, and almond flavoring.

Roll the pie crust...

Put it in a greased pie pan. Spread cherry jam all over the bottom of it...

Pour in your egg mixture

Now just stand back and make sure you put everything in it that should be in it. One time I forgot to add cinnamon to cinnamon rolls. He he!!! Can it get any better than that??

I put some foil over the top for the last few minutes of cooking because it was getting to dark on top.

All done! It was yummy! Caleb kept eating it... thats a good sign.

Now for some scones. They've never really risen for me, more often than not turning into hockey pucks. :)

Making scones!


What a mess!

Looks good so far!

Oh wow! THANK YOU AUNTY!! Now I can make nice scones!

I thought some English scones with shamrocks in the background would be pretty! I'm mostly half Irish half English. :)

Apple butter and butter

Caleb and Opal. He was writing her name on the deck with a pencil. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment