Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lessons from a cow...

This is how my relationship with Talitha can be sometimes...
Me: Let me touch you, look at me, let me be in control, trust me, I want to love on you, I want to be with you...
Talitha: Don't touch me, don't look at me, don't control me, I don't trust you, I don't need to be loved on, leave me alone.

Do any of those sound familiar?

They do to me. As I have been working with my cow the Lord has shown me how I am. How often I have run and hid from my loving Father, turned my eyes away from His burning, all knowing eyes, and tried to take control of situations. The list goes on and on. Yet He continues to pursue me, to love me, to guide me, to touch my life with His wonder. How could I not trust Him? What prevents my hand from slipping, with trembling trust, into His Almighty hand? What keeps my gaze fixed on my feet? What stops me?

Unbelief? Fear? Doubt?

All of those have been a reason at some point in my life.

For example,

Unbelief...
I have struggled for years with doubting my salvation. Am I saved or am I not? Praying, fasting, crying, talking to people. Nothing really helped.

In recent years the Lord laid it on my heart to just tell Him I believe I am a sinner in need of salvation and that I believe with all my heart that Jesus is the only way to be saved. So I got Mom and Dad as my witnesses, telling them, "I want to do this in front of you both so that when I start to doubt my salvation you can remind me of this." Once I did that the Lord gave me such peace. It wasn't right away, but gradually grew.

"He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made Him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son. And this is the record, that God hath given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life."
1 John 5:10

Am I calling the God of heaven a LIAR?

Believe and be saved! It was like He was whispering in my ear, 'All you have to do is believe My record!' To stay in this state of unbelief and doubt is a sin!

I wanted to be in control, but God wanted me to give it ALL to Him. Trust Him completely to save me!

There are still times when I question whether I am saved or not, but it has never gone back to what is was before. Praise the Lord!!

How do we overcome?

1. Fill your heart and head with the Word of God
2. Memorize promises that fit your currant situation
3. PRAY PRAY PRAY that God would fill you with faith and trust
4. Talk to someone you trust about your troubles (more than likely your troubles will seem quite silly after a bit of sharing)
5. Don't get stuck on trying to get the answer you want, sometimes God has a different plan :)

I feel like this post is rather scattered, but I pray that it blesses you!
Bye for now!

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts, Abi! Isn't it neat how we can learn things from animals? God bless you as you learn to trust Him completely! God is good! Love you, Annetta

    ReplyDelete