Monday, July 6, 2015

Hooves

Poor Talitha needed her hooves trimmed badly! She was limping on her feet because they were so long. She would walk really slow... so I got online and looked up how to trim a cow's hooves by yourself. I found this https://spiritedrose.wordpress.com/jersey-cattle/before-buying/trimming-hooves/. So Caleb and I trimmed her hooves as best we could. I was praying that she would let us do it. She really did not like it but she never kicked us. Just did little dances. :) Praise the Lord! Just did little dances. :) I stood so that she could see me, but not Caleb. That helped a lot! 
By the way, she is walking so much better now!

Her hooves would squeak when she walked because they were so over grown. 
They still do some, but not as much.

Over lapped toe nails! Ouch!

All done! I just snapped these pictures quick while she was standing there so they are not very good. 

We did not trim off a whole lot... but I think they look way better now!

No comments:

Post a Comment