Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Quick, easy, no oven needed, lunch

I am not sure if I mentioned it but our oven's bottom heating element went out a while ago so I have been trying to think of foods I can make without the oven. We can still use broil... :) Just this morning I made some cookies using broil. :) :) It worked pretty good! Anyway, I was trying to think of something to make the boys for lunch and this is what I came up with. It is based off of bannock.

Abi's Homemade Pan Biscuits
1/2 cup white flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups (maybe more) Water



Get everything needed out...

Put it all the dry ingredients in a bowl...

Add water till it is like really thick cake batter. Well I guess like brownie batter. :)

Put a heaping tablespoon of butter in a hot pan...

Now just spread that yumminess on the pan...


Flip when you see bubbles on the top.

Two cans of beans

Syrup and brown sugar

Heat well

Pour the hot beans over and hot biscuits.

Enjoy!!

Josh does not like to eat beans so I made him some white gravy to put over the top.

Eat up boys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment