Monday, January 25, 2016

Animals, butter, and a quiet weekend


Pigs
I really need to get some better pictures of them. :)

The pigs love it when I put hay in their pen!

Me all bundled up!

Talitha eating

Watson getting warm and spoiled on my lap

Opal eating

A spot few people see
Talitha has a cute white patch on her trunk/belly. :)

Butter balls
I made butter from over a gallon of cream and got 2.5# of butter, I think.

I like to use a 1oz (2 tbsp) ice cream scoop so I have an exact measurement.
I wrap four scoops (1/2 c. or 8 tbsp) of butter in saran/plastic wrap, then put it into a gallon baggie, and finally freeze it.
Simple, but really easy to break apart after it's frozen. They look pretty too.





1/2 of a pound

All done!

Daddy with some stuffing
This weekend everyone went to a wedding in WY, except for Dad and I, so we got to spend a nice quiet weekend together. :)

Daddy made us a special supper of green beans, stuffing, and pork chops. I told him that every pork chop I had eaten was tough, so he made them very tender!

My Daddy! <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment