Monday, April 18, 2016

Planting Potatoes

Saturday was a very busy day at the Grice home! Emmie, Sam, and I went to Atlantic for MORE potatoes (because I didn't think that I had enough). But before we went to Atlantic we stopped at the boy's job site so they could fill the van's tire.

KK, Ben, and Josh were there. :)

Once I got home from Atlantic I cut the potatoes up and left them in the sun so they would dry faster.

The boys only had a short day at work, so they came home a little before lunch. Here Josh is cutting down two trees.

KK didn't get this garden tilled deep enough so I marked out where my potato rows would be and he tilled them deeper.



I estimated that I planted 360 potatoes! 30 potato slices per row 8" apart and I planted 12 rows. 

I had promised the boys that I'd make ice-cream. :) 
So we had ice-cream and popcorn for supper.

It was yummy! We made vanilla and chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment