Monday, January 9, 2017

Sad news...

I wanted to let you all know that I will be selling Talitha, Gus, and Bodie.
When Talitha had Gus this November, she freshened with Staph A really bad in one of her front quarters. We tried to treat it, but it just has gotten worse and worse. So I have made the hard decision to sell Talitha at the sale barn (unless a person from Craigslist buys her first). Staph A is a really really bad form of mastitis and it eventually will kill her. So she will be sold at the sale barn as a slaughter cow. :( :(
It hurts really bad to do this, but I know it is best.
We are selling Gus and Bodie so that I can get a little money set aside for a new cow.
Please pray that I will have peace through all of this. Today for the first time in a while I cried about it. So far I have been able to keep a level head about it, but it's starting to hit me hard. A lot of dreams, plans, hopes, and money went into Talitha, Gus, and Bodie. I am really sad that I have to do this. I wish there was another way.
Thank you all for your love and care!
-Abi

2 comments: